Stolen shamelessly from the Happy Catholic
Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.
1. What do you do with your new blessed palm from Palm Sunday?
Fold them into palm crosses that I then use as bookmarks in the appropriate books.
2. What do you do with your old one from last year?
Bury or burn them.
3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?
Monday, choir rehearsal. Everyday, read some scriptures and pray with my husband. Attend Mass as often as possible, especially the Maundy Thursday liturgy. Try to be forgiving of those who ignore the rubrics for the washing of the feet.
4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?
Fast, stations of the cross, liturgy of the presanctified gifts, adoration of the cross.
5. When do you color Easter eggs?
Sometime before the Easter Vigil mass on Holy Saturday
6. When do you buy Easter candy?
Whenever I can.
7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?
feed the cats (like every day). Make a pot of tea. Start something for brunch, and get dressed to go to Mass. It's hard to get up on time after the Easter Vigil liturgy but we manage. This year DH and I are doing music for the vigil and our daughter is playing cello for the Sunday Mass.