What Classic Movie Are You?
personality tests by similarminds.com
(see extended entry for pic and answer)
humour: March 2005 Archives
What Classic Movie Are You?
a meme that has been popping up - 10 things I did that you probably didn't
1. Ate enough chocolate liquer bottles to get intoxicated at the age of 10 (lived in France at the time)
2. Got a spiral fracture of the fifth metacarpal while shoveling snow
3. Did a classical music show (Baroque and before) on a college FM radio station
4. Read completely through Dewey Decimal system #s 610 to 619 at three different libraries
5. Flunked HS CHemistry then aced it 5 years later in college
6. Regularly wrote postcards using transliterated Tolkien runes (see the appendix to LOTR)
7. Made scrapple from scratch, and then ate it
8. Dropped out of ROTC to get married.
9. Went from 4 cm to a babe in arms in less than 2 hours - 6 times. (went 8 to baby in 8 minutes, and 9 to baby in 9 minutes)
10. I lost on Jeopardy, baby.
addendum: scrapple is a dish that is kind of a cross between pork sausage and polenta. pork, seasonings, buckwheat flour, and cornmeal are cooked together into a kind of mush that is them chilled. It is sliced and fried like fried mush before serving.
You are 'Latin'. Even among obsolete skills, the tongue of the ancient Romans is a real anachronism. With its profusion of different cases and conjugations, Latin is more than a language; it is a whole different way of thinking about things.
You are very classy, meaning that you value the classics. You value old things, good things which have stood the test of time. You value things which have been proven worthy and valuable, even if no one else these days sees them that way. Your life is touched by a certain 'pietas', or piety; perhaps you are even a Stoic. Nonetheless, you have a certain fascination with the grotesque and the profane. Also, the modern world rejects you like a bad transplant. Your problem is that Latin has been obsolete for a long time.
What obsolete skill are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
from Erik, Julie, the Mamas
The first 5 lines from movies that pop into one's mind.
At first I didn't think I could do this since I am seriously movie deficient in my education. But I thought I would give it a try. Feel free to laugh at my feeble attempts.
"Thataways!" (the close of one of the Star Trek movies)
"Frahn ken steen, not Frank en stine" Young Frankenstein (on pronouncing his name)
"Please sir, could I have some more?" (Oliver Twist)
That's all I could think of. Sad, isn't it? Now if you had asked me about songs from musicals.......
I hadn't been over to Such Small Hands for a couple of weeks, and underneath the truly tragic news (just go there and read it) was her request for me to do this meme.
LeeAnn, I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter's young man. There are not words for the grief. It makes no sense.
So here it is.
A Few of My Favorites.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie? Lemon sugar cookies.
Who is America’s most overrated actor? I have no clue. Don't pay attention.
Name a guilty pleasure. Sleeping in late.
“Scrubs” or “Everybody Loves Raymond”? Neither.
Name two things you can’t live without. Hot tea with sugar, and Chocolate.
Your first pet’s name + your mother’s maiden name = your pr0n star name. Kia Price.
What song are you listening to right now? Not listening to music.
Name your celebrity crush.Don't have one, unless you want to consider Raymond Arroyo?
Favorite punchline from a joke. Jesus Saves (about the computer contest between Jesus and the devil)