13 Ways Queening is Better than Modern Childbirth
1. No one tries to induce a cat.
2. No one ever schedules a c-section for a cat.
3. Cats don't need IVs.
4. Cats are allowed to choose their own positions for labor and birth.
5. Cats are allowed to use the litter box during labor and are not catheterized or forced to go on a bedpan.
6. Cats squat for delivery. (I didn't even have to tell her it was an evidence-based pratice!)
7. No one would ever think of separathing the kittens from the queen to "give them a bath and shots" within the first hour. That would just be cruel.
8. Cats aren't asked whether they want to breast or bottle-feed.
9. Cats don't accept anyone removing their kittens from them even if they insist it's "policy." (Trust me on this one. I tried to pick up one of the kittens and was sternly warned not to do this!)
10. Cats believer in skin-to-skin (or fur-to-fur) contact and practice this.
11. No one tries to do an amniotomy on a cat.
12. We don't have continuous kitten monitoring during labor.
13. Cats don't sue you if something goes wrong