Take the quiz!
I am a " second degree knight of Things Book" -
1. Oxford English Dictionary - all 20 volumes = 10 points
Oxford English Dictionary - small print with spyglass - 5 points
I have neither - though they are on my wish list
2. Boswell's Life of Johnson - 2 points
3. Complete Works of Shakespeare - 2 points
several copies! 2
4. Gibbon's Decline & Fall - 2 points
yep - 2 more points
5. Proust's Remembrance of Things Past - 5 points
in English and in French - is that 5 points or ten?
6. Catholic Catechism - 1 point
The first and the second translations - 1 point?
7. Companion to the Catholic Catechism - 3 points
Yep - 3 points
8. At least one work by both Augustine and Aquinas - 2 points
the whole Summa - 5 points
Yep - both - 5 points?
9. Catena Aureau - 5 points
10. Three bible versions - 3 points
only 3? I have the Jerusalem, Douay Rheims, NIV, King James, New American, and the Knox New Testament (thanks to dylan)
11. At least two major philosophers - 2 points
At least (2)
12. A set of encyclopedias - 2 points
In Hardcover - Brittanica 3 with the Great Books of the Western World - 2 points
13. at least one art history book and poetry anthology - 1 point
but of course! 1 point
30-45 - first degree knight of the bibliomanic order
18-29 - second degree knight of Things Book
6-17 - the downtown library serves most of my needs
0-5 - I have nice telephone books