1. What's the worst thing about Mondays?
Getting out of bed in the morning.
2. Do you believe in soul mates? Have you met yours yet?
Yes, and I have been married to mine for nearly 30 years.
3. What do you recall wanting to "be" when you were a child, dreams of what you'd do when you were an adult for work - who you'd live with... where you'd live... how many kids you'd have. How does the dreams you once had compare to your reality, same, much different? You have surpassed those dreams?
I wanted to be a mommy, and have a wonderful husband, and do something to help women. I wanted lots of kids and a big house and garden. I have 6 children, and wouldn't mind more but at my age it would be quite a surprise (a pleasant one, though). It took me a lot longer than I planned to finish schooling and training for my profession, but the education along the way has been wonderful. I do get to help women to be healthy and have good births, and that is really important.
4. What do you think of education in your town/city? In your country? How would you improve it?
I think that we need to agree on cultural literacy and some universal standards. I hate, however, the tendency to teach to the test. I think that education is more than training. I believe that public education has been hijacked by too many special interest political and commercial groups, and by faddism. I think that there should be more support of home schooling and small schools, and that a living wage for the head of the family would be a good place to start.
5. If you had to pick three songs to sum up your life what would they be and why?
1) For All the Saints
2) Sex and drugs and rock-n-roll
3) Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
I leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out the whys.
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Can it really happen?
I believe that anyone can fall in love at first sight. The real trick is to stay in love.
7. What's your greatest fear?
Dying without access to the Sacraments.
BONUS: Have you forgotten?
Must I remember?
Today's comment question: Did you do anything fun this holiday weekend?
It rained. I went to hear Father Groeshel on Friday. I delivered a cute baby (girl # 3) on Saturday. I went to church (see blog comments below) on Sunday. And on Monday, I cleaned house and slept in.